Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eurpa Poets' Gazette No. 69, January 2010

My Heart
My heart longs to hear your voice,
Even for just a moment,
One last time.
Nothing could possibly compare
To hearing you speak my name,
Or telling me you love me.
I feel as though
I took you for granted,
And I have much regret.
I pretend to be strong,
But deep down,
Every day is a struggle.
I’m unsure of what hurts more,
Missing you,
Or trying to live without you.
The people we once knew
Now seem like strangers,
As if I never knew them at all.
Every time I think about you,
I miss you more and more,
Life doesn’t seem worth living.
People tell me you’d want me to be happy,
But the reality is,
It’s easier said than done.
© Samantha Colombari
(Burnie High School)

Unfair
I wish I would die and leave this unfair world.
People hurt you, not just physically but mentally,
In more ways people could ever dream of.
I have holes in me from people I lost, loved,
People I was with, that passed away,
That left me in tears, and people around me know
There is no such thing as best friends.
No one is the same; we have all fought with our
friends
At some point in our life.
Having a partner isn’t all that great either.
We fight, we split, we get back together again
’Cause it’s just the cycle we know when we were
kids.
You don’t find true love till your twenty
Unless you’re a lucky one and find it early.
We can’t be completely good all our life
But we can’t be completely bad.
The sunset is not completely perfect
Because it’s too good to be true;
Even something sad has a happy side to it.
© Nicole Viney

No comments:

Post a Comment